Saturday, April 19, 2014

PT, Sitting Skills


Now that Katie has achieved rolling we have now moved on to practicing sitting skills. Below is a picture of what I was taught to do. Katie sits on the ground with her legs straight out. I sit behind her providing back support. I put a pillow at her stomach to provide front support and a foundation to play on. The goal is to get her looking around the room, using her hands, and experience the feeling of sitting up. When we first started she leaned back into me the whole time. Now she is leaning forward using her arms for support which exactly what we want to see. Next we need to get her to balance by herself in the middle. At the moment she can only do it for a few seconds but I am seeing improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment